Sunday, April 20, 2008

Finally having time to Update!

Last week we moved from Rexburg, Idaho to Portland, Oregon.
We did A LOT of packing, gave A LOT away, and threw A LOT away. I am definitely not a pack rat, so we ended up getting rid of a lot of our stuff to make packing simpler and so we'd have fewer boxes.


I am so proud of myself. Just Lyle and I carried all of our stuff down from our 3rd floor apartment and moved it to the storage unit. I didn't think I could carry all the big things, but I did it! We moved everything out a day before we moved, so we spend the night on a make shift bed on the floor.


When we got to Portland my mom and sister, Olivia, were in town for Jessica's baby's blessing. My mom only stayed the weekend, which was really sad to have such a short time with her, but Olivia stayed a whole week. Ly and I decided to take her on a day trip to Seattle. Lyle's mom decided to come along with us, also. It was so much fun! We went to the Space Needle and to Experience Music Project.



We went on the Underground Tour of Seattle. This is so great! I think Olivia really liked it.


I think this is such a cute picture of Olivia. It is in Pioneer Square, Seattle.


We also took her to see Pike Place Market, but I forgot my camera in the car so I don't have any pictures.

Ly and I moved into our new apartment. It is older than our last place. Olivia said it feels like a cabin, and I agree with her. I LOVE that we have a wood burning stove.

4 comments:

Amy and her little family said...

I LOVE you're new apt.!!!! And that pic of Lou is REALLY good! I'm glad you're settled in again! Now let me see your light redish hair!!!!! Love you!

sixpickychicks said...

I wish I had made time to see your new apartment. It looks great. I have been cleaning out Olivia's room to get it painted today...she could take some throwing away lessons from her sister Emily!

Lyle said...

I really like the apartment too. It is weird living IN my parents home but not WITH them.

Olivia said...

I had so much fun there! I wish I was still there. I LOVE your apartment its so homey!