Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Maine... Check!

This week Lyle and I took a short trip up to Maine. Maine is gorgeous!!! I told Lyle I want to move there. We went up the coast as far as Portland. We stopped in York, Ogunquit, Old Orchard Beach, and Portland. We saw several lighthouses, got funnel cakes in Old Orchard, walked the marginal way, and spent time at several beaches. We loved it! We wish we could have stayed longer. The first day the weather was perfect, and the second day it was really stormy and the water was wild. On the drive home from Maine, we stopped in Salem, MA for a few hours. We went to one of the witch trial museums, and toured the House of Seven Gables. We had a great little trip.



2 comments:

Natalie Putnam said...

Glad you guys had fun. That funnel cake sounds good :) I think it is really cool you guys take little trips around New York.

Dena said...

mmm funnel cakes gee thanks I read the rest of what you said but this all sticks great now I want some
I hear Main is beautiful plus mm shellfish all the time