Saturday, June 15, 2013

I love being pregnant....


I am officially full-term today. 37 weeks! Here are some highlights of my pregnancy with our little baby boy:

LOVE LOVE LOVE being pregnant.

Got pregnant on our second round of IUI and 6th month of Clomid. Lyle and I tried for about 4.5 years to get pregnant. We were successful once before, but it ended in an ectopic. I am so happy this pregnancy has made it!!!

Doctors: Dr. Michael Lund (OB), Dr. Paul Robb (Infertility), and Dr. Estil Strawn (Infertility), Lyle has been making jokes the whole pregnancy that Dr. Strawn was going to turn out to be the real father, since he inseminated me.  He always puts his fist in the air and says "Stttrrawwwnnn!!!!"

Day I found out I was pregnant: Morning of October 27, 2012… right before I went over to a friend's house to prep for the ward halloween party. I dressed up that night for the party as a pregnant girl, since I was so excited, but couldn't tell anyone yet. 

I was 100% sure we were having a girl, so I was pretty shocked when they said it was a boy. We have decided to name him Sam Austin. Sam because we like it, and Austin after my sweet nephew.

Some of my cravings: Martinelli's, Whatchamacallit Candy bars, Watermelon, Grapefruit, Grapes, McDonald's hamburgers and french fries, Whoppers candy, Nesquick Chocolate Milk and Pirate's Booty.

Lyle's favorite craving story is that I HAD to have some Martinelli's, so he drove all around looking for it, and bought me 4 bottles. I took one little sip, and said I couldn't drink anymore because it made me sick. He ended up having to drink all 4 bottles. Haha! Pregnancy cravings are weird!

Favorite part: Feeling the baby wiggling around, and having a cute round prego belly

Least favorite part: Pelvic pain, acid reflux, sneezing a lot and clogged ears. 

Other Facts:
I had plecenta previa and was put on pelvic rest for about 6 weeks. Fortunately, it corrected itself.

Dr. Lund could always find the heart beat super easy early on, so he would say our baby should be an Obstetrician when he grows up.

Names we call Sam: Sammy, Sailor Sam, Samurai Sam, Sammy Bear, Little Boo

The baby moves around ALOT. He is very wiggly!!! He likes to stick his little bum out and so my whole belly will go lop-sided. Whenever Lyle tried to feel him move, he stops. Lyle must have a calming effect. I hope that keeps up after the baby is born.

So excited to meet our little Sammy Bear in just a few weeks!!!

3 comments:

Natalie Putnam said...

I love this, and I love your new blog header :)

I can't wait to meet little Sam!

Katie R said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad that you've loved being pregnant. I always had mixed feelings about it. And yay for being full term! So excited to meet Sam!!!

Malaney said...

Love this! Hope you don't mind, but I'm totally doing this now. Even though I haven't loved being pregnant near as much as you...I definitely don't want to forget the things I have enjoyed!