Tuesday, August 13, 2013

One month check-up...

Today Sam had his one month check up. He weighs 9 lbs. 8 oz, which is in the 38th percentile. He should be gaining at least 3/4 of an ounce each day, and Sammy is gaining about one ounce per day, so we are doing great! Sam was significantly tongue-tied, so Dr. Esser clipped his tongue. It was pretty stressful for Lyle and me to watch, but I think Sam will be so much happier. He seems to be doing okay, though a little fussy and sleeping a lot. Hoping he'll be feeling better tomorrow.

Sam at his appointment

 Sam eating right after his tongue was clipped, for comfort. Love his hand next to his face. So glad I pumped and brought a bottle.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Yikes- I'd have a hard time watching them clip the tongue too!! You guys are brave! I'm sure it will help :) Glad Sam is doing well! He's so cute!