For Breakfast Ly made me waffles with strawberries and whip cream, and got me an orange dream machine jamba (my favorite!).

While Lyle was making breakfast, I opened my gifts. My Mother and Father in-law and my siter in law, Ruth, and her husband gave me the coolest gift. They got me a bunch or mismatched glasses from Urban Outfitters all in greens, oranges, and reds, and alsogiftcards to Anthropologie and Jamba Juice. I was giddy opening this gift.

Ly ordered my gift, but it is not going to get here until sometime today. I will post pictures of that later :).
After Breakfast Ly had to go to class, so I chilled and worked on a diaper cake I am making as a center piece at a baby shower I am doing this weekend (I'll post pictures of it later). When Ly got home we went to a local favorite dive, called Big Juds, that I have been wanting to go to before we move and got french fries and fry sauce for lunch. I LOVE fry sauce!!!

I have been wanting a cake stand, but not just any cake stand will do. I want something unique and versitile. Ly took me to Idaho Falls to searching for one. Unfortunately we didn't find one I fell in love with, but we did get this serving platter that I think is so great. We got it for an amazing deal, too, which is all the better.

After shopping, we went home. We rented Enchanted, made cookies, and cuddled as we watched the movie. I love just spending time with my husband. Nothing is better!

That night Ly made me a steak dinner and we had my grandma Stringham's ice cream sandwiches for dessert. We watched Lost and went to bed.

I had a great birthday! I loved spending the day with Lyle and I look forward to many more birthdays with him. He promised we would go to Jackson Hole before we move, so I am looking forward to that. I get to have a second birthday celebration when my mom gets into town and I can hardly wait!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Emily! Wow. It looks like you had an amazing day. You need to post all these delicious recipes, especially of the ice cream sandwiches...yummy.
Oh my goodness, it looks like you had an amazing birthday. I need you and lyle to come live with me and be my cooks. Everytime you post pictures of food it looks so good.
Natalie
Happy Birthday! I am so jelouse of the food!!! You have me in the mood for icecream sandwiches now!
you are so very lucky to hae a great man like Lyle to treat you like the queen you are!!! Looks like you had a great day.
That sounds AMAZING!!! I wish my birthdays rocked that much! Lyle is such a great guy!!!
My goodness Em...that was a busy day...with a lot of YUMMY eating. It soounds that your birthday was great! I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!
Post a Comment